Client Care Policy
Jason Nicholson Solicitors will provide all clients with an efficient standard of service accompanied by the highest professional standards and we will do our best to ensure everything proceeds as smoothly as possible. All clients will be informed about Jason Nicholson Legal Services Commission Quality Mark which has been established so that members of the public who need advice can be assured that they will receive a quality service. We continually monitor our performance and conduct regular reviews of our systems and procedures to refine and improve our standards of client care.
We recognise that while excellence in legal work is our fundamental function, this must be accompanied and supported by the highest standard of professional conduct and client care.
To that end, Jason Nicholson Solicitors will:
- Agree with you in advance the levels of service you require, confirm your instructions in writing, detail the action(s) we will be taking and the likely timescale of those actions (instructions on behalf of a client from third parties will need to be authorised by the client).
- Inform you of the name and status of the fee earner responsible for the conduct of your case and their supervisor.
- Discuss and agree alternative methods of communication if required.
- Give you the most accurate information possible about costs at every stage.
- Give you information about any liability of Prosecution costs if found guilty and the effects of any orders for costs such as Recovery of Defence Costs Order (RDCO's) once they are likely.
- Represent your interests (where there are issues about capacity or some other vulnerability an appropriate adult will be consulted).
- Give you clear legal advice that you can understand.
- Ensure that you understand what you are undertaking (including the likelihood of success or risk of loss) and the possible costs involved.
- Assure maximum integrity and confidentiality.
- Ensure that we have the resources and expertise to deal with your matter.
- Inform you of the progress on your file and important dates to remember in relation to your matter.
- Inform you about any limitations on our ability to act.
- Provide a prompt response to all telephone calls, e-mails and correspondence.
- inform you about whom to approach if you are dissatisfied with the service provided and our complaints handling procedure.
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy or our complaints procedure.
- We will investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Jason Nicholson, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Jason Nicholson will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of that meeting, Jason Nicholson will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Jason Nicholson will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or email them at email@example.com. You can also write to them at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint. For more information go to www.legalombudsman.org.uk.